Chaffee County Early Childhood Council – Administrative Support Position
Purpose: The purpose of the Chaffee County Early Childhood Council is to design and establish a sustainable cost-effective early childhood system of services that ensures all children start school ready to learn. The system includes health, mental health, early care and learning and parent information and family support services. The Council accomplishes its purpose by establishing high standards of program quality, professional competence, and financial sustainability. The early childhood system established by the Council:
- Includes multiple stakeholders, institutions, and levels of service delivery
- Is based on research and best practices
- Provides measurement of impact and results
The Chaffee County Early Childhood Council (CCECC) seeks a self-motivated, passionate professional with strong organizational skills to serve as Administrative Support. This position is paid hourly at $16 to $18 an hour, can be part time or fulltime (20-40 hours), and can be either temporary or long term. The position supports implementation of the CCECC Strategic Plan.
We have offices in Buena Vista and Salida.
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, Publisher, Google Docs, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and time-management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Culturally competent practice and experience working with diverse populations.
- Experience in administrative support, event logistics/meeting planning, accounting or related work.
- Degree in business, early childhood social work, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of early childhood services and systems
- Bilingual-Fluent in Spanish.
- Provide fiscal support including: running QuickBooks reports, working in Excel, reviewing QuickBooks reports and invoicing for accuracy, processing invoices.
- Attend and actively participate in regional, and local meetings.
- Scribe and share accurate comprehensive meeting minutes for a variety of projects and services.
- Support the planning and organization of a variety of Chaffee County and regional meetings, workshops and trainings as needed.
- Work with the Data Liaison and partners as needed to collect and track required data and assist the Data Liaison to prepare reports for the Butler Institute or for the LAUNCH Together initiative.
- Communicate effectively with LAUNCH Together Regional Coordinator and Council Director.
- Work with local and regional teams to support day to day operations.
- Other support duties as assigned by the Council Director and Regional Coordinator.
- All applicants must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance. Some travel within the county is required and mileage is reimbursed.
- This position is paid hourly, can be part time or fulltime (20 -40 hours a week), and can be either temporary or long term.
- General work schedule is Monday – Friday during business hours. Some evening and weekend work is required.
- We have offices in Buena Vista and Salida
To apply send cover letter, resume and contact information for two professional references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. We will acknowledge receipt of the cover letter, resume, and references. We will contact those meeting the job requirements for an interview. The position is open until filled.